Local Ride Bike Shop’s Barry’s Roubaix, a grueling European classics inspired road race will hit the scenic roads and dykes of Pitt Meadows on “Roubaix Sunday” – the same day as the legendary Paris-Roubaix, on April 7. New for 2013 is the Pitt-Polder Time Trial to be held on April 6. This is a 12.5km one-way time trial in Pitt Meadows. Click HERE for more info.
The 10km loop features roughly 5km of the scenic Pitt Meadows Dyke system along with rural farm roads. The course contains no significant elevation gain, but the substantial gravel sector takes its toll over several laps. Plus, the area can be subject to game-changing winds. This race favours powerful strongmen (and women), but don’t discount the smaller wily riders.
In addition to the standard categories, Barry’s Roubaix is offering a Novice and U17 race, while Cat 3 women have the option to race either Cat 1/2/3 or Cat 3/4.
When: Sunday, April 7, 2013
Where: Ridge Meadows BMX Race Track, 17130 Barnes Road, Pitt Meadows
- $40 early bird (until Jan. 31)
- $50 (Feb. 1-Apr. 6)
- U17 $25
Register online HERE.
*Registration closes at 10:00 am on Saturday, April 6.
*No day-of registration.
Categories & Start Times
- 8:30 am: Cat 4 Men, 6 laps
- 8:35 am: Cat 3/4 Women, 6 laps* Note: Cat 3 women may race 3/4 or 1/2/3
- 8:37 am: Novice Men, 4 laps
- 8:38 am: Novice Women, 4 laps
- 10:30 am: U17, 2 half laps
- 11:00 am: Cat 1/2 Men, 12 laps
- 11:05 am: Cat 3 Men, 8 laps
- 11:10 am: Cat 1/2/3 Women, 9 laps* Note: Cat 3 women may race 3/4 or 1/2/3
*Sign-on end 30 minutes prior to your start time.
*You will be required to present a valid Cycling BC or UCI license.
*Lap numbers and start times subject to change.
Parking and tents:
- Parking will be at the BMX Park.
- Teams with tents please contact Local Ride to confirm your spot on Team Alley. No tents set up outside designated area.
- There are 2 wheel pits along the course. Wheels in wheels out.
- The course is open to traffic, center line rule is in effect.
- U17 will run half laps, similar to the past Harris Roubaix
- All details are subject to change
Accommodation Info: Ramada Inn Pitt Meadows is offering a discounted rate to race participants. Quote group # 2655 to receive a standard room rate of $84/night or a junior suite for $94/night.
Call (604) 460-9859 or toll-free: 1-800-854-9517 to reserve a room.
PITT-POLDER TIME TRIAL
When: Saturday, April 6, 2013
Where: From Lougheed Hwy and Harris Rd intersection in Pitt Meadows, follow Harris Rd NORTH approx. 3.6km. Start is at the bridge over the Alouette River (parking and toilets on right at dyke access).
Registration: $30 standard, $20 for riders registered for Barry’s Roubaix.
Time: First start at 3:00 pm
More Info HERE.